To create personalized content for ad platform, marketers must solve a big range of tasks. First of all, they need to segment the audience for the content personalization. Then highlight the main channels through which the target audience receives personalized page information. Collect personalization marketing examples and create interesting content that will meet the specifics of channels. And, finally, to find a way to interact with specific people, not with faceless nicknames, IP addresses, and cookies. At the same time, it is necessary to remember one prerequisite: for an incoming marketing campaign to be successful, the published content must be relevant.
The following sequence of actions will help you create personalized content:
1. Segment Target Audience
Examine your audience to see whom your marketing campaign is targeting. Create a portrait of the ideal consumer for each segment of the audience. Use five criteria to segment your audience:
- Place of residence. This criterion will allow you to merge your audience into segments by geography
- Status. Information needs of top managers and line employees are different. Content marketers need to take this into account when creating personalized content
- The scope of responsibility of a potential client. It is important for marketers to know what exactly a potential client in their company is doing. Also, brands should be interested in non-work activities of customers – their participation in public life, hobbies, and even family roles
- Industry. Representatives of the banking and agricultural fields usually need different content. Therefore, audience segmentation by industry is one of the most important
- Company size. Marketers should offer different content to small businesses and employees of transnational giants.
Using these criteria, you will unite your potential consumers into groups. This will greatly simplify the creation of personalized content.
2. Find out what the target audience is talking about
Monitoring active discussions in social networks are one of the most powerful tools for content marketing. Active groups will provide you with a valuable source of information about each audience segment. Use automated social media monitoring services to quickly identify topics that are most relevant to your audience. You can follow the most important groups for you manually. However, if your audience is segmented, you cannot do without automatic monitoring tools.
3. Create specific content for each segment
Use portraits of the ideal consumers to create a content plan that takes into account audience segmentation. Use the information obtained through the social media monitoring service to do this. Your task at this stage is to create publications that are relevant for representatives of each segment of the audience. When creating a content plan, try to include publications that reveal all the important issues related to consumer decision making. Remember: representatives of different segments of the audience are guided by different motives and information when making decisions. For example, small businesses and large corporations use different criteria for choosing an insurance company. The first pay attention to the cost of services and the fullness of the insurance program and the second are interested in the ability of the insurer to meet its obligations in case of large losses.
4. Choose the most effective distribution channels
Evaluate the distribution channels you normally use. Using a separate channel for each large segment of consumers is the most successful option. Pay attention to the following hypothetical example. The professional interests of managers of engineering and law firms do not coincide, so you need to use different content to interact with representatives of these segments. If you use general distribution channels, you will not be able to take advantage of the personalization of your marketing campaign. To create and publish personalized content, segment your target audience. Use social monitoring services to determine relevant topics for each audience segment. Create personalized content and deliver it to selected users using marketing tools.