Times when a small business could publish information about itself in a paper phone or address books have passed away. Nowadays people prefer to ask search engines which small local enterprises can meet their expectations.
SEO optimization for small local company doesn’t significantly differ from procedures for any other pages, but there are some tricks you can apply to become more attractive for local search engines.
We have collected 11 points that will help you to rise and cooperate with local systems.
1. Register at Google Places and point your location there with all necessary description like photos, product details, links and videos. Do the same for Yahoo and Bing. Registration on Google places will show you in search results of it, you will also appear in results of local searches.
2. Work with tags. Add the name of your place to title, content and description.
3. Local terms is also a good area for targeting. Don’t hesitate to add contact information, working hours etc. People will be also glad to see the menu for the restaurants and, probably, price range.
4. Earn a reputation. Places marked with all stars will be treated with greater respect than others. Ask to rate you in social networks or mailouts, offering a discount for feedback may be also a good motivation.
5. Mind importance of social media, here you can build relationships with your audience, so, don’t forget to adapt it for locals.
6. Different locations should have their own landing pages. Each place is specific and unique, create an inimitable landing page for each city or country where you have your business.
7. Work together with related organizations. For example, if you sell cat food you may get in touch with local animal shelters, veterinary hospitals and cat cafes. Don’t expect to be lended a hand by your competitors in the place, but support and information from related fields will do a great deal.
8. Leave a mark in directories for the place or country you work in. Your ranking will earn a lot from it and searchers will be able to find you much more easier.
9. A lot of business owners skip an opportunity to use helpful tag [address]. Each mentioning from reliable sources and companies in the area is a confirmation of your right to settle in this location.
10. Mind to make mobile version of your website convenient to use. Create one if you don’t have it yet. Mobile users are more interested to find the solution of their questions immediately. They may be either interested in a repair shop or cafeteria. Strange or odd site structure can drive away potential clients.
11. Advertising in newspapers or newsboards matters a good deal. People may not remember your ad until the moment they start searching services in the area you work. This small recognition can help you to win the struggle between you and your rivals.
Impact of local search can be of great mean to small businesses and we hope our hints will be effective for your one.
Write us if you have your own worked hacks to succeed in local market!